Choral Camps 2020
We are offering FOUR virtual summer camps! Please see the appropriate age groups below.
Dates: June 23 – July 29 *Please see specific grade level days and times below.
Tuition: In response to the hardship that COVID-19 has had on our community and through the generous support of the PGC board, we are pleased to announce that there will be NO tuition to participate in the 2020 Choral Camps. However, to help offset the cost of programming, we are requesting a $25 registration fee per singer and ask, should you be able, to consider making a larger tax deductible donation to help cover costs during this uncertain time.
Deadline to Register: June 15, 2020. No spots guaranteed after this date.
Grades 1-8, Without Borders
Grades 1-3, Tuesdays from 10AM – 12PM starting June 23, 2020
Grades 4-8, Wednesdays from 10AM – 12PM starting June 24, 2020
Should the demand for registration allow, we will add another camp day on Thursdays from 10AM- 12PM starting June 25, 2020
At PGC, we are committed to creating choral communities of mutual respect and encouragement. Our choristers discover the richness of diversity. Without Borders takes this core value a step farther. Campers will be immersed in cultures from Africa, the the British Isles, and Israel.
Cultural immersion will include the following folk elements:
- Multi-cultural choral repertoire
- Arts and Crafts (Choristers will be sent a box of materials)
Concentio, grades 9-12
Tuesdays, 5PM -7PM Starting June 23, 2020
This is a new offering for our 9th – 12th graders. This camp will include 3 elements including:
- Sight reading/Literacy (choristers will be placed in the group in which they will grow and thrive)
- Vocal Technique – This camp will have a strong emphasis on Vocal technique and production featuring guest clinicians
- Virtual ensembles
- Each girl will be placed in an ensemble
- Process of creating finished product
- Chorister will be given music and practice track in order to facilitate independent learning
- Chorister will meet with director for one on one coaching
- Chorister will create recording
- Once all parts have been submitted, virtual ensemble recording will be created
- Camp will end with a virtual performance release party
Women of Song
Wednesdays, 7PM – 9PM Starting June 24, 2020
- Healthy vocal technique – Singers will learn about posture, breath management, resonance, diction, vocal health and more.
- Sight reading/literacy – Singers will acquire tools for efficient music reading and practice the skill of reading music at first glance.
- Critical listening -Singers will experience new music and develop informed opinions about musical effectiveness/performance.