Women of Song (Fall 2022)
Who is Women of Song?
Women of Song is an inter-generational choir for women. Started in 2014, it seeks to be a safe, supportive environment for women to achieve a high level of choral singing. Women of Song is a place to get into or back into singing, learning high-quality repertoire and healthy vocal production. While it is a place to which choristers can return year after year, Women of Song is also a great place to (re)start your musical education. It is not just a community choir or a church choir, nor is it exclusively for people who are already skilled at choral singing. It offers learning opportunities for those who want to get into choral singing, and leadership opportunities to women with advanced skills.
Fall 2022 & Spring 2023 Season
Join us this fall! Women of Song meets Wednesdays from 7 – 9pm at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church in Highland Park. All choristers must audition, or re-audition for director, Emily Tiberi. Auditions can take place in person or over Zoom. Please sign up for an audition time here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b054dafaf28a7fa7-women.
Scared of auditions? Don’t be! This is a time for the director to get to know your voice and where you might fit best in the ensemble. If you have worked on solo or choral repertoire before, please feel free to bring a small excerpt. Otherwise, this audition will include vocalization, sight-reading, pitch matching, and pitch memory.
IMPORTANT DATES for 2022-2023:
- Wednesday, September 14th: Rehearsals begin
- Wednesday, November 16th @ 7:30 pm: Fall Concert
- Saturday, December 3rd: Holiday Concert with all PGC choirs
- Wednesday, January 11th: Spring Rehearsals resume
- Saturday, April 29th: Spring Concert
COVID UPDATE: August 17, 2022: PGC will be observing the following guidelines:
- Women of Song will rehearse in-person
- Mask-wearing protocols will be considered on a week-by-week basis based on any implemented requirements at St. Andrew’s church and Allegheny County’s status as Low, Medium, or High COVID transmission levels. When “High,” all choristers will be required to mask in rehearsal. When “Medium,” masking is suggested.
Tuition: Tuition is per semester.* The program is run by the Pittsburgh Girls Choir and the costs associated with the choir are directed towards space rental, director fee, purchasing and licensing of music, materials and instrumentalists. Please do not let cost hinder your participation — use your household income to find your tuition level on the sliding scale. If more scholarship is needed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
|$40,000 – $69,999||$125|
|$70,000 – $99,999||$175|