Audition Day! (4th-8th grade)
Tuesday, January 3 | 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Girls entering grades 4-8 (Spring 2023) are invited to attend our upcoming audition days on Zoom!
We believe that every girl can learn to sing and do not reject anyone. The purpose of the audition is to help us place each girl in the choir which will enable her to thrive.
*Who is eligible to audition? Any girl entering grades 6-8 with a treble singing voice*
We ask that at least one parent is present for this meeting. This provides an opportunity for both student and parent to get to know the teacher and to find out more about Pittsburgh Girls Choir. Please visit our registration page to register for Via for the 2022/2023 season after the audition! If you can’t make it on August 31 or September 1 please contact Kathryn Barnard, Artistic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
Click here to sign up for an audition time today!
Choral Placement Preparation
4th-5th Grade Girls should be prepared to sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star or the ABC song.
6th – 8th Grade Girls will be asked the following:
- Sing a simple warm up exercise (will be taught at the audition)
- Sing a favorite song of her choice, or choose from the following:
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow (Wizard of Oz)
- Feed the Birds (Mary Poppins)
- The Hills are Alive (Sound of Music)
- Favorite Things (Sound of Music)
- A hymn
- Any folk song (can be from any country or culture)
- Sing “Are You Sleeping” (or “Frère Jacques”)